What is HTML
- Hypertext Markup Language, a standardized system for tagging text files to achieve font, color, graphic, and hyperlink effects on World Wide Web pages.
- HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup
- HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages
- HTML elements are represented by tags
- HTML tags label pieces of content such as “heading”, “paragraph”, “table”, and so on
- Browsers do not display the HTML tags but use them to render the content of the page
Advantages and Disadvantages of HTML
Easy to use
Loose syntax (although, being too flexible will not comply with standards)
HTML is easy enough to write
HTML is that it is easy to code.
HTML also allows the use of templates, which makes designing a webpage easy
Very useful for beginners in web designing field.
Supported on almost every browser, if not all browsers.
Widely used; established on almost every website, if not all websites.
Very similar to XML syntax, which is increasingly used for data storage
Free – You need not buy any software
Easy to learn & code even for novice programmers
It cannot produce dynamic output alone since it is a static language
Sometimes, the structuring of HTML documents is hard to grasp
Errors can be costly.
The time it takes to choose the color scheme of a page and to create lists, tables and
It can create only static and plain pages so if we need dynamic pages then HTML is not useful.
You need to write a lot of code for making a simple webpage.
You have to keep up with deprecated tags, and make sure not to use them Deprecated tags appear because another language that works with HTML has replaced the original work of the tag; thus the other language needs to be learned (most of the time, it is CSS)
Security features offered by HTML are limited.
What is an HTML File?
HTML is a format that tells a computer how to display a web page. The documents themselves are plain text files with special “tags” or codes that a web browser uses to interpret and display information on your computer screen.
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
An HTML file is a text file containing small markup tags
The markup tags tell the Web browser how to display the page
An HTML file must have an htm or HTML file extension
THANK YOU – Advantage and Disadvantage of HTML
Article Source: What Is HTML? Advantage and Disadvantage of HTML